Care Bears: Unlock the Magic

80's? 90's? 2000's? Want to discuss the latest Care Bears hot topic? This is the place!
Bedtime Bear
Head Cloud Keeper
Head Cloud Keeper

Care Bears: Unlock the Magic

Post by Bedtime Bear » 6 months ago

Hey everyone,

In case you missed out, there's a new something that's Care Bears related which looks to be hitting the airwaves on Cartoon Network, Boomerang or Pop networks in Late 2018. This came out of the 2018 Licensing Expo, so not much is known at this time.

carebears.png.df238802ac1e038c39a8a394c1b7680c.png

What do you think about the art style? I actually like it, it's modern yet still somewhat classic looking!
cbbed Posted by Bedtime Bear! cbbed

McBear
Care Bear Cub
Care Bear Cub

Re: Care Bears: Unlock the Magic

Post by McBear » 6 months ago

They look similar to AiCaL from 2007 to 2010. The problem with every arrival gets even weirder than before.

Bedtime Bear
Head Cloud Keeper
Head Cloud Keeper

Post by Bedtime Bear » 6 months ago

McBear wrote:
6 months ago
They look similar to AiCaL from 2007 to 2010. The problem with every arrival gets even weirder than before.
That's true in a way, I actually liked the CG style done for Welcome to Care a Lot and the Netflix Spin off Care Bears and Cousins though, even if the stories weren't that great. I think this is more along the lines of the Duck Tales reboot, just a bit smoother around the edges.
cbbed Posted by Bedtime Bear! cbbed

BrightHeart
Care Bear Cub
Care Bear Cub

Post by BrightHeart » 6 months ago

I'm not really a fan of this style and it worries me what the show might be like. I don't want to really judge it until I've actually seen it though.

BrightHeart
Care Bear Cub
Care Bear Cub

Post by BrightHeart » 3 months ago

Apparently the latest is they are hunting around for a studio to make a 'live action" CG movie too....I'm afraid to look.