What Is A Funko Pop Vinyl?
A Funko Pop Vinyl is a stylized vinyl collectible figurine manufactured by the Funko company in Everett Washington USA. They are identifiable by the uniquely embellished oversize heads on springs which bobble about when shaken, hence the term Bobble-Head. Although the majority of Pop Vinyls have bobbling heads, this is not possible with all characters. Some heads are fixed firmly in place with glue. Funko has licenses to produce 1000’s of different characters from Popular Culture like Star Wars and The Avengers.
What is an Exclusive?
An Exclusive is a Pop that has been produced in a limited amount of numbers, usually for a special events like Comic Conventions. They are identifiable by a sticker placed on the clear plastic part of the box. The Pop itself is usually different from the mass produced common version, featuring variations like different colors, metallic paints, and glow in the dark capabilities
What Is A Chase Pop or Chaser?
When Funko ships box lots to retailers, they are sent in lots of 36. One of the pops in the case is called a Chase. Whilst it is the same character, it is slightly varied from the rest, making it rare and more collectible. Usually, Chase Pops have different colors or paint, and have a unique sticker on the clear plastic.
What is a Flocked Pop?
A flocked Pop is covered with a fur like material which gives them a soft feeling when touched, and makes characters feel more realistic than the regular smooth painted vinyl surface. Flocked Pops are usually exclusives and harder to find.
What is a Glow Chase Pop?
A Glow Chase Pop is typically like the normal version, but with a Glow in the Dark effect.
What are they worth?
Funko Pops can vary in value, like any collectible they're dependent on the market and condition. Flocked, Chase or Store/Convention Exclusives tend to be more valuable, but for the best guide in finding out the current values, check out the website poppriceguide. It's a fantastic resource for seeing the current values.
As of this posting, all of the Care Bear Funko Pops in the series have been released. It's currently unknown if more Bears or Cousins will be released or when.
Now that you know the basics, here's the full list of Care Bear Pops that have been released to date.
Care Bear Pop Figures Collectors Guide (Including all variants)
- #351 Cheer Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #351 Cheer Bear - Glow Chase Figure (Rare 1 in 6 chance to find one in a box)(Picture thanks to GrumpyCareBear)
- #352 Tenderheart Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #353 Grumpy Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #353 Grumpy Bear - Flocked Figure (Rare Toys R Us Exclusive Sticker)
- #353 Grumpy Bear - Flocked Figure (Rare Box Lunch Exclusive Sticker)
- #354 Love a Lot Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #354 Love a Lot Bear - Exclusive Figure (Exclusive to Entertainment Earth) Buy at Entertainment Earth
- #355 Goodluck Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #355 Goodluck Bear - Chase Figure (Rare 1 in 6 chance to find one in a box)(Picture thanks to GrumpyCareBear)
- #355 Goodluck Bear - Flocked Figure (ECCC or Emerald City Comic Con Exclusive Sticker)
- #355 Goodluck Bear - Flocked Figure (Spring Convention Exclusive Sticker sold at Barnes and Noble)
- #356 Funshine Bear - Normal Figure (Common in Stores) Buy on Amazon
- #356 Funshine Bear - Chase Figure (Rare 1 in 6 chance to find one in a box)(Picture thanks to GrumpyCareBear)
- #357 Bedtime Bear - A Funko HQ Limited Edition Exclusive
Here's a stock image of the pops before they were released this year.
It's also worth noting that some of these Exclusive Flocked Pop figures have been released in other countries without the Exclusive Stickers on them. You might see just a "Flocked" sticker, but not a Toys R Us or Box Lunch sticker.
I hope this guide was helpful!